Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dear Jo..........

This beautiful poem was written by my 19 year old son Tom, who has Aspergers Syndome & Paranoid Schizophrenia. Tom has a work placement with other people with mental health problems.
He came home tonight upset as his special friend Jo is going through a very difficult time..so he sat down and wrote her this poem, which he says I can share with you all

Dear Jo...
Come here or gentle lady so, loving and fare
Come to me if you need some one to listen, and for you I will care
Come to me when you are troubled let me feel your face
Oh gentle lady I will take you to another place
Under the clouds or on the moon,
In the stars where we may loom
And together we shall fly through the impossible dream
Climb countless mountains and go over many a stream
Permit to hold your gentle hand
And together we shall fly to a different land
A land where there is only you and I and the blue ever lasting sky
Come with fair gentle Jo together we shall fly.
I will let you see Mars or the oceans blue
Come fly with me fare lady loving and true
Come walk with me in but the suns sweet rays
Come with me and go over calm gentle waves,
Do not be troubled or be in sadness
Don’t feel alone lost in madness
Don’t find your self-loosing your sanity
Come from your hardships and with me, leave reality
Fly with me its not impossible, we just leave gravity
Hold my hand I wont let you fall, or let go
Come with my darling sweet Jo
Together we can look down on earth so green
We shall fly together to places you have never seen
And under the stars, and to the moon we shall embrace
My hand wrapped around you, looking at in to your eyes, and stroking your face
And then we shall return to where Mortals only know
But they shall never know the places we go
Only you and I share that secret land
And if you want to go back, just hold my hand
No other mortal will ever see
The places we go, just you and me
Let them wonder in their own mind of what this place be
But they cannot see it, nor can they be as free
For we just let our souls together take flight
And they will never know what that place is, or how is it a wonderful sight
Its just that little place, under a tree
Just a little place for you and for me.
And what a wonderful place it can be.

Signed Your Dear friend Thomas
Copyright. Thomas Schewitz 2009

5 Comments:

Blogger Krissy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 20, 2009 at 3:40:00 AM GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem, you know, my aunt, sister of mom and my Grandma, mom of my mom had also this problem your son has, it is very difficult, but be strong! He seems a lovely boy! Viviane

February 20, 2009 at 6:08:00 AM GMT  
Anonymous Tracie said...

That's a lovely Poem. Very thoughtful.

February 20, 2009 at 3:48:00 PM GMT  
Anonymous Theresa said...

Tom - that's a beautiful poem. Very moving.

February 21, 2009 at 9:16:00 AM GMT  
Blogger rammona said...

Tom what an absolutely beautiful poem right from your soul......ever touching. I felt like I was there with you.
Rammona

November 22, 2009 at 6:20:00 PM GMT  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home